Pennsylvania Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Are you faced with the decision of placing a loved one into nursing home or assisted living care? While there are an abundance of facilities with doctors, nurses and staff members that are dedicated to providing top notch care to the elderly and people with disabilities, there are also many facilities that do not meet the same standards resulting in injury or death of residents.
Nursing home abuse can come in many forms but the most common types of cases we see involve:
- Neglect that results in skin infections, bedsores, dehydration and malnutrition.
- Theft of material goods or sensitive personal information used to apply for credit cards or drain bank accounts
- Physical, mental, emotional or sexual abuse.
- Resident to resident abuse
- Injuries due to unsafe or hazardous living conditions.
Symptoms or signs that a loved one has suffered abuse may include:
- Refusal to eat, take medications or speak
- Lack of cleanliness or poor hygiene
- Sudden or unexplained weight loss
- Changes in mental status
- Broken bones or fractures
- Unexplained or unusual bruising, cuts or welts
- Bed sores
- Frequent infections
- Signs of dehydration
- Mood swings and emotional outbursts
If you or someone you know has been subjected to substandard nursing home care, you’ll need a compassionate and determined legal team on your side to help hold the facility and their doctors, nurses or staff members accountable. Contact Zimmaro Law today at 412-260-6540 for a free case review.